PleaseShave Ultra-Rich Lather Shave Soap With Hemp Oil (Lumberjack)
(Lumberjack "White Pine Wilderness" Scent)
PleaseShave’s handmade shave soaps are made in Boring Oregon in small batches with the highest quality ingredients for the cleanest smoothest shave without irritation and bumps. Our Ultra-Rich lather soap builds thick lasting lather easily with just a warm wet shave brush.
Stop Struggling with other soaps that have harsh ingredients and lather that fades before you can even shave. Our scents are light, and delightful, they don’t linger after your shave and are less pungent than most other shave soaps reducing irritation, producing a delightful scent during the shave and a very light after scent that won’t run people out of the room.
We take pride in a natural selection of ingredients in our soap that is gentle on the face and greats the best lather available with great razor blade slip. We don’t use any harsh dyes and offer both popular scents and unscented Shave Soaps that are not as irritant as commercial shaving cream, and other shave soaps.
The PleaseShave Ultra-Rich Lather Shave Soap Puck is the perfect sized puck for most any shave soap mug or bowl. We include a nice jar to keep your soap in, but we don’t make our soap in the jar, the puck is smaller than the jar to allow the user to remove it build lather in a mug and then place it back in the jar for later use, keeping it clean and increasing the life. The jar can also be used as a mug to build lather if you like. If you have several shave soaps in your collection this makes it easy to go back and forth from one to another with less mess.
The Ultra-Rich Lather Builds easy in a soap mug with a warm dampened shave brush and vigorous lather building in the mug or on top of the puck. More water added to the lather will reduce its creaminess and produce a thinner lather. Less water is better. Hardwater lathers better when warm and will still produce a thick creamy lather with our soaps.
Our shave soap ingredients are minimalistic, natural and include:
- Olive Oil (Grade A extra virgin): Will absorb into the skin and form a protective barrier against the elements. It also acts as a humectant, drawing moisture to the skin and aids skin cell regeneration.
- Palm Oil: Sustainable ingredient that replaces lard or tallow. This hardener reduces the bubble size and helps build a stable rich lather that is ideal for shaving.
- Coconut Oil: An additional lather stabilizer, it increases the lather ability making it easy to whip up in a shave mug. Coconut oil is the Absolut best lathering ingredient in a soap. this helps further build lather especially in hardwater conditions and situations were other soaps struggle to build an Ultra-Rich Lather
- Safflower Oil: This adds great moisturizing and helps make the lather body creamy and full.
- Kosher Glycerin: Natural vegetable oil glycerin, not from animal fat, and not synthetic. Kosher Glycerin is better for users with sensitive skin, atopic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, and other related situations where a synthetic, or animal base would be harsh on the skin and could increase inflammation the kosher glycerin has shown to greatly reduce irritation.
- Unrefined Hemp Seed Oil: This is a key ingredient in our Ultra-Rich Lather Shave Soap, the increasingly reemerging use of hemp products today has shown a wealth of health-related benefits and is a staple in our products as well. The hemp seed oil is used to help further build lather but creates the silky and slick shave that every shave soap should have. It leaves the skin hydrated after the shave and keeps the moisture in the skin.
- Purified Water: Our water is purified water from our own well that is from an aquifer near the base of Mount Hood, rich with minerals and has no added chemicals like those found in city water.
- Sodium Hydroxide "Lye": Our saponifying agent, you can’t make soap without lye, no matter what anyone says lye alternatives in soap don’t make good soaps. The trick is making a nice balance of lye content with the kosher glycerin to produce a soap that isn’t brutally harsh on the face.
- Sorbitol: This is an additional moisturizing agent, Sorbitol combine with the hempseed oil creates a team that moisturizes the face, and then locks the moisture in so that your face is hydrated throughout the day.
- Propylene Glycol: Made from vegetable glycerin, No Propylene glycol is not scary toxic waste and it’s not in antifreeze! It’s commonly confused with ethylene glycol that is used in antifreeze, that crap is toxic. Propylene Glycol is organic, common in foods, and cosmetics. This is used to help take the moisture into the skin working with the sorbitol, and the hemp seed oil to make your skin awesome. It is also used as a carrier for our fragrances.
- Sorbitan oleate: This is another one that is commonly mistaken as a hazard ingredient, but it is just and emulsifier. It is used to help blend the ingredients of the soap evenly, so you don’t have chunks and clumps of unmixed and unbalanced ingredients in the soap puck. It also increases the shelf life of your soap, so you don’t open it and find it turned into chalk. It is used in very small trace amounts and is naturally derived.
- Oat protein: Is a conditioner that leaves the skin soft and cushiony. It is soothing for irritation and itching, hypoallergenic, helps promote a smoothness and glide when shaving.
- Bentonite Clay: This is the secret to creating good slip with a razor blade in shave soaps. The clay acts as lubricant and like many other ingredients in our soap is Lather Building. The most important thing for a shave soap is lubrication allowing the blade to slip along the skin instead of dig. Shave soap that doesn’t include bentonite clay is normally the soap that leaves your face a little chapped by the razor.